Tuesday, August 14, 2007

PRESENTATION AT THE OGDEN YOUTH NETWORK CONFERENCE

August 11, 2007 St Thomas University, St Paul, Minneapolis

Berhane Mewa, former Member of the Kinijit International Leadership (On a personal capacity) breemewa@gmail.com
My Reflection
My appearance today in this gathering is a privilege and an opportunity to meet with concerned,
determined and energetic Ethiopians, I am delighted in many senses. I have lived for the last three years in
the United States and addressed several meetings in different places. In the last two years I was honored to
serve my party Coalition for Unity and Democracy, being a member of the Kinijit International Political
Leadership, which was delegated to execute political and organizational affairs of the Party.
My audience has been all the way supporters and members of the opposition, sympathizers and members of
the EPRDF, critics and even adamant opponents of the party I use to represent. This is my first appearance in
a sub‐regional issue based conference. This is also my first presentation in the last two years, with the
freedom of not being a party delegate and not worried of my political correctness. What excites me most is
that this meeting is called by the youth, the future of the world, the future of Africa and the future of
Ethiopia. What else can make me and all committed citizens happy than the concern and involvement of
the Youth in the affairs of our motherland Ethiopia? Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to be
part of this gathering.
Today I am not representing the CUDP party, I am participating on my own

No comments: